Web hosting services are used as a way to provide people with a website that is hosted on a server controlled by the web company. Web hosting companies have servers that use the Internet to offer the service of being an online storage space for websites and other files.
It is an essential component of your website and email service. Hosting providers play a major role in determining the success or failure of your website, as well as the scope of growth that you may achieve.
Today, web hosts are launching new packages at mind-boggling speeds. There’s no dearth to the number of shared hosting companies available around today. Choosing one can be quite challenging especially if you’re not aware of its features and functionality.
In spite of so many options, it becomes difficult for a layman to choose a reliable web host provider from the lot.
Top 10 web hosting services within low budget
This article will highlight some features which you must consider before hiring a web host for your business. So, let’s get started with the list:
Siteground is a managed WordPress hosting service that offers an easy-to-use, reliable, and powerful web hosting infrastructure that is well suited for high-traffic websites or demanding applications. They offer a number of features including cPanel/WHM to make your experience with this web host comfortable from the start. They also have one-click installation for 3rd party applications such as Joomla, WordPress, Magento, and many more. In addition to their straightforward website building tools, SiteGround has an integrated Softaculous auto-installer which allows you to instantly install over 300+ applications in just a few seconds.
- Free backup for daily backups and weekly full server backup(up to 10GB)
- Unlimited addon domains, subdomains, parked domains, addons-hosted domains.
- 24×7 free chat support via live chat and ticket.
- Cloudlinux OS makes their server efficient, stable, and fast.
- Doesn’t offer ‘unlimited’ storage or bandwidth which is not a big deal if your website is small.
- A standard hosting account allows only 3 email addresses and 25 sub-domains.
- Their VPS has relatively weak specs at 256MB RAM with 1 CPU.
- Their SSD storage is limited to 50GB which can quickly become full if you are using many images, WordPress plugins, etc.
- SiteGround doesn’t have a custom control panel, instead, they use cPanel with their own interface.
Who should use siteground?
SiteGround is good for beginners because of the simplicity they offer to help set up your site. It can save your time in case you’re not too techie-savvy when it comes to setting up a website. It also works well with WordPress sites since SiteGround specializes in its own platform coded in PHP called cPanel, so if you plan on using WordPress this would be an ideal option for you.
The Dreamhost is a web hosting service that was first launched back in 1998. It started as the little brother of another company but has since grown up to be one of the biggest names in website hosting. The Dreamhost currently hosts 1,286,821 domains and has more than 400,000 customers throughout its history. This growth can be attributed to four factors: stability, support, reliability, and price. These are the same principles that the company uses when it comes to offering website hosting services; they ensure that you will get what you need for your website without spending too much money on something unnecessary or subpar.
- Excellent customer support. Using Dreamhost is easy, but if you encounter any problems afterward, customer support will help you out.
- Ease of use. Even though its features are extensive, there are plenty of guides available to get you started with your hosting plan in no time at all.
- Unlimited storage space plus bandwidth on all plans. Most plans offer unlimited subdomains, email addresses, MySQL databases/tables/rows, FTP accounts/connections/databases/tables/rows, etc.,
- No limit on storage space or data transfer, unlimited MySQL databases/tables/rows, all account types including mini accounts available for free.
- The cPanel control panel is very intuitive and easy to use, possibly the best in the industry for shared hosting.
- No longer free domain name registration or renewal with the purchase of a plan.
- SiteLock spam protection service is not included with any web hosting packages offered by InMotionHosting.com.
- They have no reseller option unless you have a business license.
- Their basic hosting options are limited compared to dedicated hosting plans.
Who should use Dreamhost?
Anyone who needs a website for their small business or personal web page that is not going to require much traffic and does not know how to handle the technical side of server management can use Dreamhost as their primary host. Just keep in mind that you’ll need some type of secondary backup site either with another web host or self-hosted if your site goes down because Dreamhost has no SLA (service level agreement) for uptime, unlike other paid hosts.
GoDaddy is a website hosting company, with over 5 million customers. They provide web hosting and DNS services. Their prices are relatively low compared to other companies. It’s easy to get started with them, but difficult to cancel your account – they require you to submit a request at least 3 days before the end of your billing cycle.
- It has a lot of products and services ranging from cheap domain names to WordPress blogs.
- Affordable payment plans and a variety of different products.
- Easy to use website with many tutorials on its official YouTube channel about setting up an account and creating web pages through their website editor.
- Ability to choose from multiple plans.
- Great customer service.
- Unreliable customer support. Might take a while to receive help from their support team especially during peak hours.
- Does not provide phone support for many of its products and services besides hosting.
- Only one account can be registered per user due to over-the-limit violations.
- Receiving spam emails from GoDaddy itself after creating an account or if you use their products and services which might be very annoying for some users.
Who should use GoDaddy?
GoDaddy is a great option for those who want a budget-friendly website hosting plan. You do not have to pay top dollar for quality service and fast servers! Using GoDaddy will help cut down on the costs of hosting a website.
HostGator is a hosting service company that offers web hosting services, reseller hosting, and dedicated servers. This company was founded in 1998 by Brent Oxley. He also created the website Bluehost which is another major hosting company, although they both are competitors you can still get one free domain name with the purchase of your first month of any shared account at HostGator.
- Low prices with many available add-ons.
- User-friendly website builder (Plesk).
- Money-back guarantees of up to six months are free on all GrowBig and higher plans.
- Dedicated IP address available; easy sign-up process.
- Free domain name with the annual or biennial purchase of their web hosting plans
- Cheapest unlimited disk space and bandwidth hosting
- 24/7 customer support via phone & e-mail
- No phone support (only chat and ticketing system).
- Some hidden fees are included which may get ignored by many.
- Longer waiting time to get technical support.
Who should use HostGator?
HostGator would be best suited for someone who has no idea how web hosting works, or if they are very on the go and need some time to figure things out before contacting support. This host is also good for beginners because of its one-click WordPress installation (which does not take more than two minutes). It is also great for larger projects like multi-author WordPress blogs with a plan that gives you more than enough space.
Bluehost is an online hosting company that offers WordPress specific options for their shared plans, virtual private server (VPS), and dedicated servers. Bluehost is a web host used by many bloggers but is not recommended by us because of high prices, slow support, and downtime.
A popular host, Bluehost has been around for a number of years. With significant growth recently, the company has proven to be a future-proof hosting provider with plenty to offer its clients.
- One-click WordPress installs on most hosting plans.
- Unlimited disk space.
- 99% uptime guarantee.
- 24/7 support is included in all hosting plan prices.
- Offers a free domain with long-term registrations.
- No money-back guarantee.
- Slow support response times.
- 100% overselling on some hosting plan levels.
- Recently experienced downtime issues on some shared plans.
Who should use Bluehost?
Bluehost is right for anyone looking to host their own website, blog, or other content-driven sites. With unlimited disk space, it’s suitable for any size website. It’s also an excellent choice for small businesses needing email accounts and marketing tools.
Hostinger is a web hosting company. It provides the usual services: shared hosting, cloud hosting, and dedicated servers; we can also buy SSL certificates and domain names from them. They are one of the largest free website providers in the world, having over 110 million accounts.
Hostinger offers all-in-one packages including hosting for unlimited domains, cloud storage & email. They are well known for their free domain service (which can also be used with one’s own domain) and unlimited hosting packages that include numerous features like VPS servers, SSD disk space support, and much more
- One of the top-rated free hosting companies (and they actually provide good service).
- Fast customer support.
- Has good privacy policies such as deleting all account information.
- Has good data security policies such as encryption on databases and enabled SSL/HTTPS by default for all accounts.
- Has good service availability and uptime.
- Hosts many different kinds of sites such as blogs, portfolios, personal sites, etc.
- There are ads on every page on their websites (but not too many; it’s still usable)
- Some services cost money.
Who should use Hostinger?
Hostinger is an excellent choice for anyone who wants to get started with their very own hosting business. It has everything a newbie would need and want. And if you’re not brand new to the web hosting world, using this platform will still present you with all of the tools that you need in order to manage your website(s) effectively. So everyone can certainly benefit from Hostinger’s services!
InMotion is a web hosting service, similar to Bluehost, Dreamhost, HostGator, and other companies. They have been in business since 2001, which is much longer than most of the competition at this time. They offer shared hosting (the cheapest option), VPS (Virtual Private Servers), and dedicated servers (custom-built, for high-traffic websites).
InMotion is a hosting company offering web hosting, virtual private servers (VPS), and dedicated servers. They are host to over 7000+ customers worldwide with data centers located in the US, EU, and Asia. They offer CloudFlare services for free on all of their products which speeds up website load time significantly using caching technologies. They are constantly running promotions where you can get anywhere from 50% to 80% off your first billing cycle depending on what plan you choose. Using coupons or promo codes found online may also save you money plus get you free bonuses like website builder software, SSL certificates, or even domain names.
- InMotion has a very intuitive and elegant dashboard and is probably the best-looking shared hosting.
- Offers CloudLinux, which allows you to run almost any Linux process in its own protected environment, preventing conflicts with other sites.
- Every package at InMotion comes with Softaculous premium which permits you to install hundreds of software programs with one click.
- InMotion provides a free site transfer for people who are moving from other hosting providers.
- They offer unlimited disk space and bandwidth with every hosting plan.
- They also include a free domain name when purchasing one of their hosting plans.
- You have to sign up for 24 months to get low advertised pricing.
- After the initial signing, prices go up.
- There’s no instant account activation!
- Server location in the United States only.
Who should use InMotion?
You may want to check out InMotion if you are looking into shared hosting or looking for an alternative VPS host. Compared to many other hosts, however, their prices are almost always higher than the competition. If price isn’t important to you though it might be worth checking out.
WPEngine is a hosting company that specializes in WordPress. Their service includes all the basics you need to run your websites such as FTP access, file storage space, and customizable email addresses. One of their main differentiators is they have caching built into their servers rather than it happening on the front-end with plug-ins like W3 Total Cache or WP Super Cache.
With WPEngine, your installation of WordPress will be continuously updated to the latest stable version of the platform, eliminating any risk of exposure to vulnerabilities similar to those seen on previous versions. WPEngine also secures all active installs with automatic patches for known vulnerabilities, creating peace of mind you can’t get anywhere else.
- They handle security issues for you by keeping everything updated and making sure your website is always protected.
- Have a question about how to do something? They’re there to answer your questions and help you with any issues that arise.
- They offer you development features that some other hosts may not be able to such as Git connectivity, GIT hooks, SSH access, and more.
- One of the biggest benefits of using WPEngine is its security features. They offer some of the best security available by encrypting your data on disk and software.
- The other great benefit of using WPEngine is that they’re extremely fast!
- Fixing any setup problem takes time because they do not have direct access to your server.
- WPEngine does not allow the installation of custom themes and plugins and this could become an issue if you rely on these tools to power your site.
- There might be some restrictions with access to what you can install.
- WPEngine is more Expensive than other platforms.
- This is not applicable for non-WordPress platforms.
Who should use WPEngine?
WordPress users who have a lot of traffic and/or specific needs, such as being able to scale their WordPress site(s) quickly.
The more server resources a website uses the more expensive its hosting will be. WPEngine is suitable for users with a high level of traffic or those that desire additional services provided by WPEngine, such as caching and cloning options.
GreenGeeks is an environmentally and user-friendly web hosting company and part of the Endurance International Group (EIG). It is a good choice for people who want to host their website in a sustainable way and at the same time do not care about having many addons.
GreenGeeks runs on 100% clean and renewable wind power which makes them completely carbon neutral. They are also among the first companies to be recognized by Greenopia as an Eco-Friendly Internet Company.
The servers are built with cutting-edge technologies including Dell, in-house-built servers to custom-designed low-power servers. The goal was to reduce their carbon footprint while maximizing the performance of the servers.
- GreenGeeks supports the ENERGY STAR Partner program which means that all data centers have been certified to reduce energy consumption by improving power supply efficiency, monitoring and adjusting power usage effectiveness, use of efficient cooling systems, etc.
- If a customer’s website is heavy on CPU usage GreenGeeks will upgrade their CPU for free.
- GreenGeeks allows the customer to choose the data center they want to host their plan in from around 10 options.
- None that we know of!
Who should use GreenGeeks?
This hosting provider is perfect for anyone who wants reliable service with many features included but also wants to save money and/or help the planet by using green energy! The price starts at $3.95 per month.
Nexcess is a company specializing in hosting and managing WordPress websites, as well as providing additional services such as domain names and SSL certificates. Nexcess offers multiple different packages that vary in price based on the specific services you need.
Nexcess claims to provide superior customer support, stating that their response time is less than 15 minutes. They also claim to have an easy-to-use client portal that provides access to all of your files and databases at any time. Other features include daily backups and automatic updates for plugins and free guest posting sites themes.
- They have a very intuitive cPanel that allows for easy navigation when trying to find specific settings or files.
- Their tech support staff can be reached via phone 24/7 in order to help with any questions the client may have.
- Nexcess uses SSDs instead of HDDs when it comes to storage space, which helps increase overall site speed.
- If you already have your own domain name, you can just rent a server with Nexcess for as low as $39.95 per month.
- Their servers are not very customizable when it comes to the different components that make up your web hosting account.
- It can be difficult to find support information on their website because it is so intuitive.
- Sometimes their server speeds are slower than what other competitors offer at similar prices.
- If you need dedicated IP space for Free SEO course purposes, then this might not be the best option because shared IPs are all they offer.
Who should use Nexcess?
Web developers who are looking to host their own websites on a shared server.
Nexcess is an experienced, dedicated web hosting company that is ideal for developers and business owners who know what they want in terms of hosting services.
A lot of people are searching for the best web hosting provider, and it can be a tough decision. There’s no perfect option out there- every company has its pros and cons!
A few things you should consider when looking into which host is right for your business: What kind of site builder do they offer? Is 24/7 support included in case something goes wrong with server downtime or software malfunctions etc.? How much storage space does each plan come equipped with (in GB)?
At Pixel Street, we invest for the long haul. That’s why our web design process is designed with your future goals at heart and tailored just right so that you can take advantage of new opportunities without spending too much money upfront!