So, you want to start your website, but don’t know how to start.
Don’t worry! Here in this post we have shared a step-by-step guide to set up a WordPress Website without the help of experts.
However, creating a website seems complicated when you are not tech-savvy. But you can’t ignore the fact “nothing is impossible.”
Let’s start today and learn how to create a WordPress Website.
Why WordPress instead of other CMS?
It is one of the most asked questions by users, and here are the best reasons to use WordPress for creating a website.
- WordPress is Free.
- It is easy to set up with just a drag and drop feature.
- WordPress has a collection of a wide range of themes for any website niche.
- It also has an array of plugins for you to build a powerful and functional website.
- All the features available in WordPress are free to use.
We hope you got to know why WordPress is one of the best choices for creating a website. Now, we will move to our main section, step-by-step guide for creating a WordPress website.
What do I need to create a WordPress Website?
Here is the list of important things you will need to create a WordPress Website.
- Domain name
- WordPress hosting for data storage
- Few minutes with proper attention to the given guide
A Step-by-Step guide to create a WordPress Website
Read the complete guide and make sure you will follow each step with sequence for the great setup. For creating a WordPress website you have to required Domain, Hosting and best WordPress themes.
Step 1- Installing WordPress on your hosting
On the marketplace, most hosting plans are available that do not have pre-install WordPress plans. So, if you are signing up for a WordPress hosting plan, must check the install WordPress feature.
If you’re unable to get it, then don’t worry. Skip this step and move to your simple hosting cPanel to install WordPress.
Let us see by example.
- Login to CPanel and move to the Softaculous Apps installer section.
- Select WordPress and enter the details of the website.
- Tap on the install button and you’re ready to go.
Step 2- Understand WordPress dashboard and its features
When the first step is completed, you will see the WordPress dashboard on your screen. So, now let us understand how it works.
- Dashboard- It provides a complete overview of your website including performance, updates, and website growth.
- Post- this option allows writing a post and publishing it on the web.
- Media- you can find whole media files such as images, videos, and PDF here.
- Pages- this tab allows you to create pages for your website.
- Appearance- this tab enables you to edit your website appearance easily.
- Plugins- This option allows you to add or delete multiple plugins for your website.
- Users- you can manage your website users and subscribers here.
- Tools- you can manage import and export of your website here.
- Settings- You can make the changes in websites such as permalinks, reading, writing, and more.
Step 3- Installing and editing WordPress theme
Now, you have complete knowledge how to use WordPress. So, let’s move to create a beautiful WordPress website.
First thing your website needs is a theme that helps to display your content on the web. To add a theme, follow the given steps.
- Open the WordPress dashboard and move to the appearance tab.
- Select the themes and it will lead you to the theme collection.
- Now search for your desirable theme or pick from the collection.
- Once selected, click on the install button and activate the theme.
If you have money to invest then you can choose from premium themes. Here is the list of some best premium themes you can use to create WordPress websites.
Next, you can customize your theme as per your choice by clicking on the customize button.
Step 4- Install plugin
To run a website successfully, one must understand the value of plugins. These are external software that able to bring many functions to your website. You can install the plugins like a theme.
You will need to visit the plugins tab and then add new. Search for the plugin and install plus activate it. The best advantage of WordPress is that you can install it for free. Here is the list of plugins you should install just after the WordPress.
- Contact form 7- Ideal to create a form for your website
- Google Analytics- Use to monitor website performance
- Yoast SEO- Helps to configure SEO of your website
- Backupbuddy- Ideal for getting backup of your website
- Jetpack- For website security, performance, images, and lots more.
- WooCommerce- perfect for building an e-commerce platform.
- Akismet- Ideal for detecting spam in your website that helps in block spam.
- WP Smush- Ideal for optimizing the Website images.
- W3 Total Cache- Ideal for improving website performance via caching.
- OptinMonster- The pop-ups will help in increasing conversion.
All these plugins are free and best to use.
Step 5- Design your website
You can design your website either Gutenberg or website builder plugin. Let’s check by example.
This usually comes along with themes such as Elementor and visual composer. If you are using a visual composer then you will get two phases of editing such as classic view and frontend editor.
One the other side Elementor allows the user to create a website with smart features by drag and drop. It usually comes with a Pro version. Also, it is free to install.
This is a brand new editor used by WordPress. This allows the user to edit posts and pages with drag and drop features.
Now you have all the information you need. So, start creating a WordPress Website today!